Old April 3rd 04, 03:50 AM
Akuvikate

Default Milk going sour too quickly

"Ellie" wrote in message ...
I've noticed that suddenly my EBM is going sour really quickly anybody know
why this is? The temp of the fridge is ok. The only thing I can think of
is that I'm not very well at the moment. I'm waiting to see a cardiologist
because of a very irregular heartbeat, that is making me feel really crappy
and tired all the time. I can understand this affecting my supply levels,
which it seems to have, but would it affect the quality of m milk as well?

TIA

Ellie

DD & DS almost 6 months old!! )

How does it smell? Pukey like vomit, or metallic and soapy? I have
high lipase and have to scald my milk within about 24 hours of pumping
or it smells *vile* -- an intense, burn your nostrils soapy smell. If
I scald it, then it keeps like normal milk. Apparently this problem
can come and go, so even if it wasn't an issue before it could start
being one now.

Kate
and the Bug, almost 10 months (wow!)