Old August 16th 04, 11:17 PM
Scott

Nevermind wrote:
"Jeff" wrote

Any thoughts? Are we just being babies about our "baby"?

I have noticed that you haven't said anything about whether the 9 year old's
feelings on the matter.

I guess they would be important too.

Jeff

If we weren't going to allow him to go, then there was no point in
getting his opinion. Only if we felt we would allow him would we then
consult him and let him decide whether or not to go. However, I did
tell him after it was decided once and for all that he wasn't going
that he had been invited. He was angry with us. sigh

I think there's always a reason to get a 9-yo's
opinion about something that may or may not
impact their lives, even if it turns out that
it doesn't. One big reason is that it means
you trust and value his opinions. I think the
message you just sent your son is that what
he thinks and feels is irrelevant as far as
planning his life. A good question would be:
at what age do his feelings/thoughts become
relevant and important?

Scott DD 11 and DS 8