Old January 8th 04, 01:56 PM
Dagny

Default can someone give me some advice?

"Krystle N" wrote in message
hi...my name is krystle i'm 15..and i think i might be pregnant. I don't
want to be, but i have to be resposible for my actions..my period is
late and i don't know what i should do..i can't go to the doctor cuz i
have no way of getting up there..and i don't want to tell my mom cuz
she'll prolly call the cops on the dude that probably got me pregnant.
she knows we've done it already cuz she went through my backpack without
my consaultence and looked at my journal, and read everything.. it makes
me mad because she doesn't respect the fact that i'm a teenager and i
need privacy too..but she's my mom and understand why she did that, but
if she finds out that me and this dude did it again lol...then she's
goin to get very upset...and i don't want that to happen..if i am
pregnant ...i don't know what i'm going to do..i feel so out of place
right now..i feel like dropping in a whole and living there for the rest
of my life...but can someone just help me through this ..i really need
someone to talk to about this..
Krystle

Hey Krystle. Well if your period is late the drug store pregnancy tests
(you pee on a stick, usually) will be accurate. My advice is to live a
healthy lifestyle so you have no regrets, and take the test. If it's
negative (and sometimes stress or fear of pregnancy can delay a period) --
insist on using condoms all the time if you are going to continue having
sex. I think you also need to give your mom some credit, that it was
appropriate in this instance to invade your privacy. She is trying to
protect you from the very thing you currently fear (being pregnant so
young).

If you are pregnant, find a midwife and call her. She'll spend time with
you on the phone so you can decide what kind of prenatal care you want
before the baby is born and maybe advise you on anything you're doing right
now that might not be good for the baby. An obstetrician might call you
back too, but a midwife is more likely to have more time. If you don't know
how to do this, and you don't want to involve your mom or an older friend or
relative or family doctor, post your location on this board and we'll find
you a number.

You should really tell your mom. She loves you in a very essential way.

-- Dagny