Old November 6th 04, 08:45 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:

Lavonne no parent should be deprived of their infant based on the junk science
spewed by CPS.

This is true, if things were as black and white as you make them out to
be. Everything isn't as black and white as you assume (when it suits
your personal agenda). Brittle Bone is not junk science. Nor is
physical abuse that results is bone fractures. Without fairly expensive
medical tests, it is not that easy to distinguish between the two

How would you like your babies taken from you, based on conjecture?

I wouldn't like my babies taken from me, based on conjecture. If I had
been an abusive parent I suspect I wouldn't have liked my babies taken
from me either, because very few parents admit to blatant physical
abuse. However, I would submit to every investigation necessary, for
there are children who are abused and killed by supposedly loving
parents, and I would understand this procedure is in the best interest
of children.

I assume you are knowledgeable about attachement disorders and the bond between
infants and their parents.

Yes, I am extremely knowledgeable about attachment disorders. The rest
of your statement is in error, which leads me to believe you have
minimal understanding of either attachment or bonding. When discussing
attachment theory it is important to understand the process and the
terminology.

The word "attachment" refers to the relationship that goes from child to
parent or caregiver. Bonding refers to the relationship that goes from
the parent or caregiver to the infant. You are in error when you refer
to attachment as a "bond between infants and their parents."

There are many kinds of attachment, and not all are positive. Hence
ther term, attachment disorders. Secure attachment occurs when parents
are responsive to a child's signals and a child's cues. It is evident
during infancy.

A securely attached infant does not loose that attachment by a brief
separation. Nor does a family that has securely bonded with their child.

Attachment disorders present strongly when a child has not attached due
to parental abuse or neglect. Please understand what you are saying
before you post for all the world.

You purport to have taught a class in ECD.

I don't know what "ECD" is. I teach courses in child development
(CPsy), special education (EPsy), and early childhood education (CI). I
supervise student teachers and present at workshops in these topics.

Guess to you as a foster incarcerator, the state is always right.

I don't know what a "foster incarcerator" is nor why you would apply
that term to me. I certainly don't think the state is always right, and
if you had possessed the integrity to include my post which seems to be
the purpose of this response, you would have known this.

After all, your foster child did NOT have any relatives or family with whom she
could have been placed.

Where do you get this stuff, Fern? If you are the original Fern, this
has been asked an answered years ago. If you aren't the orinal Fern,
you just proved it (grin)!

Lavonne denies the essential bond between parent and child:

I explained the difference between attachment and bonding. Now I
suggest you become informed before presenting more of what you did in
this post.

LaVonne