Old November 8th 06, 01:36 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default UPDATE: help - feeding problem

My understanding is that you can continue to breastfeed as you normally
would. I also understand that both mom and baby should be treated at
the same time to avoid passing the yeast back and forth between them.

This might be why they want you to only feed from one side. In my case,
when I treated my asymptomatic baby repeatedly with oral meds, she
developed some mouth sores. My pedi told me to stop. I would try the
pump and dump if you are not treating baby.

but that would only work if you were thrush free on the other side, which is
highly unlikely, so pumping and dumping one side whilst feeding the baby on
the other is going to achieve nothing, other than likely causing you to need
to supplement, risking mastitis in the other breast if pumping doesn't go
well and so on.

Cheers

Anne