Old June 21st 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.arts.books.childrens,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,soc.libraries.talk
R. Steve Walz

Default Boy, Oh Boy, Have We Got Some Reads for You

wrote:

The "free to be you and me" message of 1970s feminism was often
naïve in its assumption that all differences between the sexes were
the result of social conditioning.

------------------------
NAWH, the older I get the more I can detect the extreme societal
influences on girls, bordering on abject brainwashing and terrorism.

Do away with THAT and we'll just SEE what's left! My take on it is
that biology is only responsible for some differences in degree of
neurological response, but NOT such that it affects personality
except in degree, not in flavor or distinctive tendencies.

But it also had a liberating
message of celebrating individuality. And it would be a shame to throw
out that baby with the bathwater, at a time when girls and boys have
more options open to them than ever.
Lenona.

This feature of individuality only points up that the personal result
of our nurture FAR outweighs the effects of biology.
Steve