Old July 26th 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.true-crime,misc.kids,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.support.childfree
dragonlady

Default ! Andrea Yates found Not Guilty of drowning her five children

In article .com,
"lkfraley" wrote:

"That's an incredibly sad story. When I think of all the pain and
suffering the woman went through to birth five children. Then all the
love, time, and energy she spent raising them."

Hey, I have given birth to five children so far, and I thought the pain
and suffering as you call it was well worth it.
I have no doubt something made her snap, but she is still guilty, she
cannot change that fact. Crazy woman- I think she is a nut.

And the courts have confirmed that. The jury agreed that she was
legally insane at the time.

I'd prefer it if they could make the verdict "guilty but legally insane"
instead of "not guilty by reason of insanity" -- but that isn't an
option available to the jury.