Old September 24th 04, 03:04 PM
Suzanna

snip

Werebat wrote:
Soon after the birth of the child, they go to family court to put it
in legal writing that each parent has 50/50 joint physical and legal
custody of the child.

Assume this goes through (will it?)

I'm not clear why the family court would even get involved. There's no
divorce or other split that would necessitate CS.

I don't think Family Court would get involved either. Just draw up the
document with a lawyer. Then, if a split happens, there's a legal
document to show in Family Court.

I'm told it's difficult to alter a custody decision once it's been put
in place... As such I'd rather have 50/50 joint physical and legal on
legal paper while things are going swimmingly between the two of us,
just in case something unexpected happens.

Custody decisions get altered all the time, even ones decided by a
judge or mediator.

snip

Since she makes more money than I do, and likely always will, that will
leave me in a secure position financially (by that I mean I won't be
forking over any of my money to her, not that I'd expect a court to
award me one cent of a woman's money).

The gender makes no difference. If she makes more money than you, then
she may just have to fork some over. I would expect no less. I know
plenty of women who pay their exes, and willingly. But then again, I'm
talking about educated women, not gutter trash that some men seem to
hold dear.

Let the flames begain!!!!