Old May 19th 04, 02:10 AM
Jill

Default Laundry tips needed!

Rachel has already had some massive diaper blow-outs. That's how I am 10000%
confident this baby is well fed with my milk! I haven't noticed a problem
with staining but oh my, laundry has to be done daily or it would be so
nasty- I can't just , say, rinse the offending garment/towel/cloth diaper
and let it stay that way for a while. I do laundry once a day. I am
currently using Dreft detergent because a lot of detergents irritate me or
give me headaches with their scent, and Dreft doesn't and rinses nice and
clean. (For myself I do use unscented Tide). Rachel has sensitive skin so I
plan to stick with Dreft for her. I also use Dreft stain spray. it's good to
spray on and rub stains with but doesn't seem to have amazing stain removing
power or anything-- my Shout stain stick does better.

But her poops are SO yellow!!! I use cloth diapers and receiving b;ankets on
her changing pad , and I rinse off any tiem the yellow poo gets on-- I rinse
to remove all debris. Then I spray. Then, I wash a short round in the
washing machine to do a first-run..........then I go back and toss in
non-poopy clothes etc, and wash warm. This works well.....but is there a way
to feel good about getting the poo gone without washing twice, or do I need
to keep doing 2 cycles per load?

The poo IS bad- I don't want her non-pooey clothes in the pooey water of the
first load of laundry. So this does work well for me, doing a short small
cycle in cold with just a bit of detergent then going back andadding a big
load to wash in warm....