Old May 17th 04, 04:52 AM
Nikki

Default Midwives and my birth/story

Jill wrote:
Argh. While my husband is holding the baby, I just wanted to post
about my birth experience. (Motherhood is great! But ouch....I am in
soooooo much pain, a whole week later! read on...)

Oh Jill - I'm so sorry for all the trauma. I'm stunned that your midwives
behaved so badly :-(

For the stitches... take lots of baths, get some witch hazel pads to wear in
your underwear, use that numbing spray you can buy over the counter, and a
peri bottle each time you go to the restroom. I found sitting on plain hard
chairs to be more comfortable then cushy chairs which sounds counter
intuitive but I think it meant less stretching. That was especially true
with #1, probably because there was more generalized swelling and trauma
(due to a long pushing stage).

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)