Old June 29th 06, 06:27 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default frothy poops related to diet or not?

wrote:

I just thought I would
put that out there as a possibility since that pediatric nurse
mentioned the frothy in relation to lactose intolerance (never got into
whether or not it was true lactose intolerance, etc.). Anyway, I would
ask my ped too about that. I don't know what all has lactose in it. I
believe ice cream is one. lol.

Yes, but breastmilk itself has almost twice
the amount of lactose as cow's milk. There
is no need to look for lactose in other foods
at this point!

Also, it has also been shared with me
that it can take up to four or five weeks, or something like that,
before all traces of dairy are out of mom's system,

You should be seeing results sooner than
that. In my experience, a couple of days
was sufficient to see some results. Two
weeks to get all traces out. I have not
heard about the 4-5 week timeframe.

-- Anita --