Old October 9th 06, 09:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

Default I was just wondering, is it standard procedure in a normal delivery...

That's pretty much the norm here where I am in newfoundland Canada.

"don_tspamme" wrote in message
ups.com...
...for the doctor who is delivering your baby to only show up when you
are at the pushing stage? I guess it doesn't really bother me, as my
doctor was in contact with the nurses at the hospital and everything,
and I did see him earlier in the day when I first went into labor - I
just was surprised that this was so. Now I am due with a second, and my
first doctor has retired, so I am wondering if this is normal procedure
or if basically the doula/midwives are the ones who spend time with you
during the labor process and the doctor only shows up at the end? I
have to find a new doctor, and I don't know if what I'm looking for
(more handholding I guess???) is more of a doula thing than a doctor
thing...