Old March 15th 07, 11:42 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.parenting.spanking
Ron

Default The system of Child Welfare is out of control. Children are being taken from good families.

So, basically its a letter to congress from a citizen.

No facts, no numbers, no professional assessments. Pretty much nothing but
opinion. Nice. Useless.

Try again kenny, this one is as lame as the rest of your arguments.

Ron

"fx" wrote in message
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/hearin...iendly&id=1350

House Committee on Ways and Means

Statement of Kandy Helson, Racine, Wisconsin

Here is my statement. I am dismayed. I am an American citizen and I have
voted in every election. The system of Child Welfare is out of control.
Children are being taken from good families. The states receive adoption
bonuses, this bonus system had a place but now it is no longer necessary.
It is being abused. Here is why, a high percentage of child abuse cases
are some form of neglect. The parents are very poorly represented in
court. The child welfare workers have a money incentive to terminate
parents rights. A HIGH percentage of these parents are having their
rights terminated with no criminal charges. If criminal charges are not
being filed a hardly see a reason enough to terminate parents rights. A
serious child abuse crime should of been committed for parents to lose all
rights. Not only do parents lose their rights but the rest of the
extended family do as well. I believe this violates the civil rights of
those relatives to see and continue a relationship with their blood
relative. Another serious problem is the child welfare system receives
more money if they can label the child with a mental disorder. They
classify children who throw tantrums as behavior disorders. The children
are being mentally abused by the separation from their families. Then
they are drugged because that leads to more funding for the system. What
child never throws a tantrum? How is there valid enough reason to
terminate parents rights but not valid enough reason to file charges
criminally. The funding should provide a way to prevent the neglect that
led to the child being in the system. As neglect is the largest single
reason children are removed from their families. A free government should
not interfere with the family so harshly as what is being done now. A
convicted murderer behind bars has more rights to visit, phone calls and
letters from their children. The American public would be outraged if
they knew exactly what the system that is supposed to protect children has
turned into. It is a money making industry. It need a complete overhaul
with an investigation and criminal charges brought against any worker at
all levels who ripped apart families and abused their power. To continue
to let it happen should lead to all government officials who were
contacted and or notified of the abuses perpetrated on American families
to be investigated who did not take action to investigate and correct this
horrible tragedy.