Old March 16th 07, 01:06 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.parenting.spanking
Ron

Default The system of Child Welfare is out of control. Children are being taken from good families.

"Dan Sullivan" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 15, 6:42 am, "Ron" wrote:
So, basically its a letter to congress from a citizen.

No facts, no numbers, no professional assessments. Pretty much nothing
but
opinion. Nice. Useless.

Just to remind you, Ron, people for the most part vote based on their
own opinion rather than professional assessmants.

She has a right to her opinion... as do you and I.

Quite true Dan, quite true. The difference here being that my opinion is
based upon facts, both observed and statistical, not upon anecdotal
evidence.

We all know that there are problems with the system, no one here is going to
deny that. But to make unsupported statements such as "The system of Child
Welfare is out of control" is just plain irresponsible. Fortunately, even
with as much as we citizens complain about them, our elected representatives
are not idiots. They will take what this woman had to say and place upon it
the weight it deserves. Little. If she had come in with, or had provided
written statistics from reputable sources, when presenting her opinion it
would have counted for more than the 1 millionth of a percent that they are
likely to give it.

But very much like the members of the "anti-CPS" mob that we have resident
here, she didn't. Opinion and fact make for a better presentation than
opinion alone.

Ron