Old May 10th 04, 08:30 PM
Irene

Default new babies and old frinds

Both of my babies are doing well...ds just loves being a big brother,
and adores his little sister. He insists on calling her by her full
name, Gwendolyn, and objects strongly if anyone tries to call her
Wendy!

DD (one month) is still in the velcro baby stage. Most of the time,
I'm fine with it, but sometimes it gets a bit much. And of course,
all of the well-meaning people who look at me like I'm crazy when I
tell them I'd rather hold her than put her down and have her wake 5
minutes later are starting to annoy me. I need some good comebacks!

My recovery was a lot easier thesecond time around. Nikki got it
right - since I could carry ds (2.75yrs, about 40 lbs) when I was 9
months pg, I could do it after baby was born! Those arm muscles have
also helped with the velcro baby, too!

Ds' tantrums have continued, but I think we are dealing with them
better. I just signed him up for fullday Montessori in the fall.
When we visited, he just seemed to fit in perfectly. Now I just have
to get himm potty-trained this summer, so he can go! (All of the real
pre-schools around here seem to require it) He's excited about
pre-school, so that will be a good incentive, I hope.

Irene
mom to Thomas 7/01
& Gwendolyn 4/8/04