Old September 22nd 06, 01:32 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
beeswing

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

wrote:

My oldest just turned 13. He went last year, and plans to go again
this year. We go as a group with another family with 3 boys; he's the
oldest but not by far. None of the boys has hit a growth spurt yet, so
they all still look like children, which does make it easier.

When I was growing up, there was a natural social pressure and kids
starte feeling too old around 12-14yo and stopped on their own. I
don't really see any harm in it if they kids are still enjoying making
a costume and having fun with it.

Good point. Thanks.

It's when teens come around in a
lame 30-second costume and are clearly just out for the free treats
that it starts to seem tacky, IMO.

Yup, that's when it bugs me too, really...that's a good differentiation
to make.

Let her have her childhood.

My daughter was reading over my shoulder when I came to that line...and
loved it.

--Robyn

Thanks for the great advice. Here's to one more year of Halloween
"childhood."

beeswing