Old May 28th 04, 07:48 AM
Carol Ann

Default C-Sec and steps....and driving??

My question is this:
I was told by my Dr. NOT to do steps more than once or twice a day and
when I do, take baby steps ( one step at a time ).....well it turns out
that I felt fine...( I was discharged last wed ) so its just been a
week....I have NO pain at all, and taking NO pain meds....I consider
myself very lucky!!!!!!!!
but how many of you did steps anyhow??
if you feel good can it hurt anything?

I didn't take the pain meds either. My doctor just advised me not to drive.
She just said take it easy. I was up and walking the same day I delivered
and really felt fine from then on (except the one incident of sharp shooting
pains after the catheter was removed and prior to me relieving myself which
the nurse said may have been a bladder spasm).

My doctor said not to drive for 2 weeks. She may have said 4 but I only
heard 2. Steps were never mentioned.

so can just steps hurt me?

I would think the falling down possibility is what is worse than the
stepping.

Driving, Dr. said NO driving for 4 weeks AND NO riding either for 4
weeks.....now I had a nurse in the hospital tell me that i CAN ride in
the car,,,but NO driving.....the dr. said its because If we would wreck
OR if he would have to slam on the brakes, that would NOT be good for my
insides....

does anyone ride in the car?

I did. Right away.

~Carol Ann