Old December 8th 07, 12:55 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Default Am I hurting my child by putting her in daycare at 22 months?

I think Lee's case is wildly rare. I went through early intervention with my
first daughter and it was nothing like was has been described. No one was
looking to take the child away, she was there to evaluate the delays my
daughter had. As long as the house is reasonably clean and no poop on the
floor (just kidding), I am sure the evaluator will understand your house is
under construction. I would definitely not be worried. I think Lee was also
not very cooperative and had an attitude about the whole thing so that
probably didn't help her case either. I've had all kinds of interventions
because of DD1 chronic illness and nothing has ever been a problem.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

"cjra" wrote in message
On Dec 7, 5:41 pm, Chookie wrote:
In article
,

cjra wrote:
That's my current worry when the evaluator comes next week. Our house,
undergoing extensive restorations, is not exactly "acceptable" by some
people's standards. Fortunately the cleaning lady comes that
morning ;-)

Well, if you can afford restoration (which is even better than
renovation, in
terms of class markers!) and a cleaning lady, they will know you are
middle
class and thus Quite All Right.

I guess being middle class makes us good parents then? Maybe they'll
ignore the caution tape strung across the front porch?

Seriously, our neighbors all joke about the various states of
disrepair of our homes and how our kids are going to be traumatized. I
was uncertain about getting a cleaning person even, because I feared
one would not 'know' how to deal with such a house. Fortunately, my
neighbor whose house is in a similar state already found one and we
share her.

I'm not too worried, esp. now that we've painted the exterior. But
it's certainly on my mind.