Old January 26th 05, 01:30 AM
Jill

Default Hales lookup: Augmentin?

Is Augmentin ok while breastfeeding? I'm sure it is as my doctor who
prescribed knows I am b/f, but she is not the MOST advocating or
knowledgable on bf, and I just want to make sure there is no reason this
drug is NOT rec'd or ideal for someone nursing an 8 month old baby. I think
it's basically just penicillin, right? But I know I was prescribed another
anti-biotic when Rachel was several months old for an infection, and it
messed her tummy up.

How much of this actually gets into breastmilk? I am supposed to take it 2x
per day and Rachel nurses a lot. 6 times at least. 2-4 long times, and 4-6
quick sessions, in between her table feedings/cereal etc.

She's still never been sick. Amazing, or lucky, because I have come down
with a sinus/throat infection. It's not strep throat, but my throat is damn
sore and it feels like it to me (I used to get strep throat about every
other winter). I have been feeling this coming on for about 2 weeks before I
went to the dr, I tried to ride it out...it started with an ear ache and
sore lymph nodes (neck), and my throat just kept getting more sore, and my
ears just kept hurting and feeling like I am underwater.

I have had to take 800mg Motrin around the clock and spray my throat and it
feels better for about 2 hours and then I am miserably sick until I can take
the next dose. If I thought I would get better in a day or two I would skip
the antibiotics but it's been 2 weeks and this just wouldn't go away so I
finally went to my dr.

Urgh. I hate taking antibiotics.