Old March 14th 08, 06:11 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default How to stop the night wakings?

On Mar 13, 6:34*pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
cjra wrote:

Our problem is lack of doors - all the doors have been removed and
sent of for stripping (lead paint removal), . So without doors,

Why does the area have to be quiet? *

Lights on, tv (sometimes), computer etc. all within a few feet of her?
Maybe your child can fall asleep with that, mine has never been able
to. All the usual 'house' noises. Frankly I don't expect anyone to be
able to sleep through all that. Perfectly silent? no, but constant
stimulation in the form of lights, talking etc, she can't handle that.

One of the other things that my
mom told me was not to tiptoe around when the baby was asleep because
then she would wake at every noise. *Whereas when you are running the
vacuum or dishwasher or whatever, or if she had siblings playing
around, she'd get used to some noise. *Is it that quiet at the daycare
when she takes her nap? *

Yes, it's an in-home daycare and all the kids nap at the same time.

Really it is better to do this - otherwise every time you go on a trip
she won't sleep.

Oddly enough, as we've travelled with her a lot, she sleeps well on
the road.