Old September 28th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids
toypup

Default Problem bottle feeding one of the twins

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:28:24 -0700, wrote:

I'm going back to work soon and my wife was hoping that she might
exclusively pump and bottle both girls with the breastmilk rather then
nurse them one at a time as it would be far quicker. Unfortunately,
Hannah doesn't take to the tandem nursing very well either and until
they can self latch and hold my wife literally needs an extra hand to
do it. Bottling one, nursing the other and then pumping doesn't
really buy her any more time so I guess we'll have to make the
decision on going to formula or not. She's just putting so much
pressure on herself to keep them on breastmilk only...

I personally don't think it saves time to pump and feed rather than just
BF; but then again, I don't have twins. I know that if I had to pump
exclusively for either child, I would have given up completely and switched
entirely to bottle. It's just too hard.

Maybe if she could keep it up for just awhile longer until they are good at
BF'ing, she'll just keep BF'ing. It's hard with a physician's job, but
then maybe you could hire a nanny who will bring the baby to the office at
lunchtime to BF. My DD, who wouldn't take a bottle, would wait until I
came home to BF. I worked a split shift just to accomodate her.