Old October 20th 08, 04:09 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Default Re-introduction

"Babie" wrote:

We currently live in Albuquerque, NM, but we're really in need of a move.
Alegra (DD) wants to finish kindergarten with the same teacher so we're
waiting until June to move. Our plan is to move to Fresno, CA, so I've been
obsessively looking for new homes in that area *grin*

I found, through moving around the country a lot (having a dh in the Navy) that
the kids did better WRT friends and people to play with if they moved during the
school year, or at least not in the summer. It might be different out west and
in California, but we moved to the Boston area for the summer one year when
Bob's ship was in the Boston shipyard, and the kids were ignored by the children
on the street where we rented a house. The locals already had their own
friends.

We went to the AFB nearby and they were on the swim team, and they went to Girl
Scout daycamp. I visited my cousin who lived there. We also took daytrips to
Plymouth, Salem, Cape Cod and Strawberry Bank NH, and they did of course have
each other (at that point there were three of them ages 9, 7, and 2, and I was
pg with #4). So they didn't languish all summer with nothing to do. But it
would have been nice if they'd could have gone out and played with the other
children that we saw playing. That was the first time we had moved in the
summer, and I decided that if I had a choice, I would not do it again.