Old July 22nd 06, 07:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default Breastfeeding challenges

I wondered about that - how many were both, since we're still using
paper diapers right now and they wick away the wetness so she doesn't
fuss much - whereas she goes nuts as soon as she poops.

I think that rather depends on the baby than the diaper, although the wet is
wicked away, it also mixes with granules to make a gel, my DS in particular
did not react at all well to this, but was fine with a real nappy. Also if
you find a liner that suits, some of them to protect a certain amount from
the damp, so you get the same effect with a real nappy, but without the
chemicals. If real nappies become too wet it's a sign to move to the next
size (if you are using sized ones) or to start using a booster. Sometimes
even a booster is not quite enough, Ada is going to bed at night wearing 2
nappies.

Anne