Old July 24th 06, 06:18 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

Default Breastfeeding & Adoption?

"arachne" wrote in message
Jo wrote:
I spoke to my cousin who is going to be adopting. She asked about
breastfeeding and how can she produce milk. There is a lot of
information online, but I was hoping to hear from someone who had
actually done it and how they went about it. How difficult was it?

Jo

the australian breastfeeding association produces a great booklet called
relactation & adoptive breastfeeding. (see
http://www.mothersdirect.com.au/prod141.htm)

There was an article from an adoptive bf Mum in the latest Essence mag too I
think. A very interesting read, not just about the methodology for
stimulation the production of breastmilk, but on the emotional attachments
formed and strengthened by bf.
Amanda