Old October 21st 08, 04:28 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka

Default Boots! (common I'm sure)

Donna Metler wrote:
"MarieD" wrote in message
"Banty" wrote in message
Marie I think most if not all of those who also answered to just go along
with
the boots are not homeschoolers.

I saw that after I posted! I keep learning things, don't I All the
objectors to my daughter's boots were parents with kids in school so
that's where I got that from.
Marie

It may be that the schools in your area have some restrictions. I know that
my DD's school doesn't want anything at all hard soled on the gym floor,
since the church just redid the floors not long ago. Fortunately, we were
able to find mary-jane type "princess shoes" which had soles like tennis
shoes for my DD .

Yes, our school has the same requirements for gym, but
when it comes to kindergarten the teachers prefer that the kids
pretty much wear something along the lines of tennis shoes
every day (or something else sturdy with good, non-slip soles).
They want the kids to be safe playing on the playground, and
don't want the little girl in the dress and fancy shoes sitting
on the sidelines rather than running off some energy during
recess. DD had a boot thing going on last year, but this
year they wouldn't be footwear that would be encouraged because
they'd be slippery on the playground and inappropriate in gym.
As the kids get older and more sure-footed, the teachers care
less about what's on their feet as long as they have appropriate
shoes on days with gym.

Best wishes,
Ericka