Old April 25th 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default When to let kids meet new girlfriend

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:37:02 -0500, Strutter wrote for all to see:

Not that it's any of your business, but I am working toward living close
my daughter. Finding the right job doesn't happen overnight most of the
time. I can't help that they live in an econimically depressed area.

That's a good thing - finding work closer to your daughter's home.

Maybe then, custody can be 50/50 and you can keep your 15k a year. I'm
sure your daughter would rather you were the #1 man in her life.

'Kate

I, personally, don't agree with a 50/50 arrangement.
My honest opinion is that a child needs a stable, permanent home to live at.
A bed they can always go to sleep in, a room they can always play in, a
neighbourhood they can always see their friends in and a school they can
regularly attend. I don't agree with a 50/50 agreement. I do, however,
really believe that any given child should have both parents in their life,
though, but I do still firmly believe that one parent should be their
permanant residence and the other parent should be the one they go to or
have come to them. I just find 50/50 situation can often offer trouble.
One home with one or the other parent, not one home 50% of the time, a
second home the other half of the time.