Old February 10th 09, 11:32 AM posted to misc.kids
Welches

Default How many uniforms for a kindergartener?

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Donna Metler" wrote:

For those who have/have had children in schools which use uniforms, do
you
have any suggestions on how and what to buy? DD will be required to
actually
wear the full school uniform for parochial school K in the fall (instead
of
the "clothing that adheres to the dress code" that pre-K is allowed), and
I'm considering going ahead and buying a few pieces at a time, a size up,
since I KNOW what the uniform policy is and it's unlikely to change (I
think
there would be a rebellion, given the number of hand me down loops and
multi-child families which already exist).

It depends a bit on what's available. I have 4 outfits per season for my
son,
as he's a grub. If DD is neat, you could probably get away with fewer
outfits. If there is a choice of dresses and shirts+shorts, buy a
combination
-- the mothers of little girls I know say their daughters love the
dresses,
but that the shorts allow more freedom of movement for sport.

Don't they have a separate outfit for games?
Debbie