Old April 19th 09, 06:32 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa.constitution,alt.community
Day Brown[_3_]

Default MA - Outrageous Injustice

Phil wrote:
Total bull****. Growing food is not a problem in America, never has been
except during the dust bowl days and only for a section of the country.
Government is the problem, not the solution in food as well as "child
support", which is anything but. Demanding absolute government control
for every minor inconvenience has created most of the problems we have
today. Every government 'solution' simply creates more problems than it
solves, which it rarely does.
Without government intervention, my garden each year grows quite well. I
was raised on a farm with pigs, cattle, chickens and acres of crops;
foodstuffs to be sold to those lacking space, time or intelligence after
taking what was needed by the family,so I know quite well how to grow
anything that is suitable for the region in which I live. When and how
to plant is even explained on small packages of seeds. And we did it
without government control telling us what to grow or paying us not to
grow certain items to keep the price artificially high. Due to
government regulations, corporate farms are the norm along with
contaminated foodstuffs.

Whatever gave you the idea I'm talking about a government solution? It
takes a village cause the village will have a few nightowls to keep an
eye on the surveillance gear and an ear on the dogs in case there are
intruders while you are asleep. The nuclear family farmhouse is a death
trap for any jackass SWAT team.

The village has enuf hands, that if the weather threatens, everyone can,
as I remember doing, get out in the field to haul the grain in before it
gets wet.

I was born in a farmhouse in 1939 that was still so crowded with kin
who'd lost urban jobs that I was born in the upstairs hall. Grandpa just
hooked up the team and plowed an extra acre of garden, and we all got to
eat homegrown veggies. But back then, before they lost the jobs in the
city, they'd grown up on family farms, and knew what the **** they were
going. I dont think the fat assed couch spuds today would know how to
grow turnips.

I remember county fair plaques on the wall for 45-48 bu corn/acre using
what we now call 'organic' methods. Agribusiness today doses the land
with Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash. [that's a period; the trace
minerals needed for maximal mental development have been leached out
long ago] And with that, they get 155 bu corn/acre.

People are too goddamn crazy now to learn to grow their own food.