Old January 17th 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
Cindy Wells

Default Naptime 2 Year Old Twins-help!

"Chele" wrote in
:

I haven't been here in awhile, so hi again!

Abby and Alyssa are now 2 as of Dec. 20th. They sleep in the same
room in toddler beds, across the room from each other. When it's
naptime, they do not stay in their beds and get up and giggle and
play. I repeatedly walk in and tell them it's naptime, remove all
temptations (residual toys) but these two entertain each other and
don't need anyone else outside of their own world (or so they think!).

snip

Could you put them down in different rooms for a while for the naps?

My mom's journal indicated that one of us was in the playpen and the
other in the crib for a while to ensure we didn't keep each other
up. We never slept in toddler beds (no space for them); so mom didn't
have to deal with that issue.

Cindy Wells
(mom's journal indicated she started this in self-defense when we had
different sleep needs with a cold making the rounds. One (me) wanted to
sleep all day and the other was active (to the point of wanting to go
outside with walking pnuemonia). However, it worked so well she kept it
for a while after we were healthy.)

TIA!
Chele