Old May 19th 04, 09:27 PM
Welches

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but need help!)

I probably will regret wanting her out, when she is here

I always say babies are much easier to take care of on the inside that
outside--infinitely portable, automatically fed, no diapers to change, no
crying to soothe. But I never regretted having them once they were here,
although there were a few times when I wished I could stuff them back in

for
a couple of hours g!

And I say "better out than in" grin

But it
will make me calmer. & maybe give my body a break.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Immediately postpartum, you're even more likely to be

hormonal mess and you'll probably have a good deal of uninterrupted sleep

get through. Plus, if you've got a good imagination for all the things

that
could go wrong when she's with you 24/7 and you always feel her, I expect
your imagination will work just as well for all the things that could

happen
when she's *not* with you all the time. This phase *does* pass, but the
first few weeks (up to 6) can definitely be "baby boot camp" and you may

not
feel a strong sense of regaining control and proportion for a little while
after the birth. The reason I tell you this isn't to scare you or dissuade
you from wanted to have your baby, but merely to give you some perspective
so you don't feel like there's something wrong with you if you *don't*

feel
much calmer right away.

But you can check baby's breathing-even wake them up (I've done it) once
they're out. I never did learn a trick of persuading them to move when I
wanted to check they were okay inside me. I didn't find out how to stop them
moving when I wanted to sleep either!
I'd recommend a breathing monitor (I've got Johnson&johnson's) which gives
me loads of relief when they're sleeping. It stopped me waking them up many
times.
Debbie