Old June 23rd 03, 05:59 AM
AZ Astrea

Default Drew's Solution to The Dave's concept

"TeacherMama" wrote in message

"Father Drew" wrote in message
Short, sweet, shoot it down. I can counter argue just about anything

you
throw at it. I am looking for holes, so suprise me.
-Drew

Both parents made a 50/50 decision to concieve a child, therefore...

1. Custody is 50/50 assuming one parent is not abusive
2. No C$ necessary since the child is with the other parent 50% of

the
time

I'd still be interested in what you'd do with a marriage where one parent
stayed at home with the children for 15 years, while the other developed

job
skills and rose through the ranks at work. Each did the job they had

agreed
to do during the marriage--but now one is left with no job skills and the
other is sitting pretty, salary wise. Sure, the working parent will have

learn the housekeeping skills--but they can bumble through that while

still
having plenty of $$ to pay the bills. The former stay-at-hme parent will
have a nicely organized house, with very little to pay the bills. How

could
it be ok for the working parent to walk away, leaving the stay at home
parent in poverty?

-----------------------------
I think what you are talking about is more like alimony than child support
but here is an interesting article about it anyway.
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/CollegeandFamily/P46800.asp??PS=8313
Some quotes:

What's a homemaker worth? The shocking truth
The value of a stay-at-home spouse is priceless in many ways, but don't kid
yourself: In economic terms, running a household is worth far less than
we've been told.

Obviously, there's far more to the decision to stay home than mere
economics. Stay-at-home parents provide invaluable services and benefits to
their families. Many women think the monetary and economic sacrifices are
well worth it, which is one reason why the Bureau of Labor Statistics finds
that 40% of mothers with children under 6 stay home. (Overall, 13% of the
nation's households include a stay-at-home spouse.)

You should understand just what you're giving up, though, in order to make a
rational decision about whether to stay at home and for how long. You also
should do what you can to make sure your finances, both short- and
long-term, remain sound:

~AZ~