Old January 11th 04, 01:47 AM
Nadacomin

Default Reflection on Marriage

Subject: Reflection on Marriage

From: "Tracy" e
Newsgroups: alt.child-support

Most "marriages" in the US and the rest of the western world are not marriages.

Marriage is a man and a woman committing to be together for life.
Traditional wedding vows used to have the words: "till death do us part".
I don't know what modern vows contain (except I know that women insisted that
the words "to honor and obey" be taken out) , but, in practice the "till death
do us part" has been replaced with, "until something better comes along, until
I fall out of love with you, etc, etc.
In my opinion, there isn't too many downsides to a woman getting married,
unless she marries an abusive asshole and or psychopath,or some loser who
expects her to support him.
But, in modern times, in the western world, any man that gets married ought to
have his head examined.
I was quite niaeve when I got married. But, with what I know now, anyone that
expects me to sign a paper that will allow them to take my home, half my
assets, require me to support them after they are long gone, and, take half my
pension has to be out of thier rabid ass mind.
I don't think I would do something that stupid even if someone made me sit down
and smoke crack for forty eight hours straight.

Tracy writes:

I arrived home around 12:30 pm today after spending the last 26 hours prior
to that time doing the following:

more than 11 hours driving
about 4 hours at a wedding
about 4 hours just "relaxing" at a hotel
about an hour eating breakfast this morning
and about 6 hours sleeping

During the drive home my mother and I had a chance to talk about marriage
overall. We seen a bumper sticker which read "I think therefore I'm not
married". I found this bumper sticker sad. As I sat in the church
witnessing my nephew get married to a wonderful young lady, I observed her
family. All were non-supportive in her choices of a husband. It brought
memories back to my mother of my sister & brother-in-law getting married,
and how his family was not supportive of their marriage. They just "knew"
their marriage wouldn't last, but my sister and brother-in-law recently
celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. So back to the bumper sticker
and why I found it sad. The bumper sticker shows how some are truly
non-supportive of marriages. It is sad, and wrong, that there are those who
are unable to practice what they preach (support choices). So why can't we,
as a society, support marriages? Don't these people realize we can
considerably decrease the divorce rate if we support other people's choices
of being married? If I could I would have held up a sign to the woman
driving the car with that bumper sticker that read "people like you is the
reason we have such a high divorce rate". In my opinion, she wouldn't have
gotten the point - because she isn't thinking. How can she, or anyone else
like her, expect others to support her choices when she isn't supporting
theirs? Marriage is the foundation to a strong family. Family is the
foundation to any society. It teaches us how to relate to others, how to
interact with each other, and how to get along with others. People who are
non-supportive of a marriage is shaking the foundation of that marriage. It
will cause a weaker family, and hence increase the chances of divorce -
heartache - and trouble with our kids. If only people understood what they
are causing by not being supportive. If only people could look beyond
themselves and see how they - themselves - could impact others.

I'm very happy for my sister. She has a successful marriage. Her marriage
will last. My nephew, who recently turned 22, has grown up considerably
since the last time I seen him. He views life differently now that he is
married, and yes - he is going to be a father by the middle of August. Him
and his wife wanted to be married last year, but her parents first tried to
talk her out of it. Then they kept postponing their marriage in hopes she
would leave him. They only agreed to participate due to her being
pregnant... oh, the medical community told my nephew's wife she could get
pregnant. She doesn't ovulate... obvious they were wrong. I'm very honored
to be an Aunt to my nephew. He is turning out to be one very responsible
and thoughtful young man. He reminds me of his father at his age. I wish
both of them well, and I'll be very supportive of their marriage.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

"Don't mistake kindness for weakness"

Please visit CORRECTIONS BULLETIN BOARD: http://nadacomin.0catch.com/