Old November 28th 05, 06:00 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default how much bigger can they get????

oregonchick wrote:
I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have gone from a 34B to a 40DD... I'm getting a
little frantic! It's getting more difficult to find bras. My milk hasn't
even come in yet! Seriously, can I expect them to get even bigger after
baby is born? With my first child, I didn't get anywhere near this big.
I'm getting new stretch marks and it's starting to bug me.

Betsy

Most people go back down once engorgement is past, although you might
remain a size or two bigger. Not me, however - I'm up 3 cup sizes from
my non-pregnant, non-bfing self, with a 6mo baby. Last time, it took
near-weaning to get me back down to my regular size.

Have you really gone up from a 34 to a 40 in your bandsize, or are you
just getting the 40DD because DD is the largest cup size available
where you're shopping? Cup sizes go through the roof, but I'd be
surprised if your ribcage has increased 6 inches in diameter (1 or 2 is
more usual, IIRC). Not to scare you, but you could be more like a 36E
or even F. I only mention it b/c this is what happened to me, and then
I got measured and realized that I'd been getting too big a band size
and too small a cup size.

Good luck (eventually, they will go down again!),
Melania