Old August 4th 03, 08:07 PM
Em

Default What if the ultrasound tech was wrong??!

"Nina" wrote in message
As I was painting even more stuff for the baby and admiring my handiwork,
the sudden fear that the baby is NOT what they said it was, gripped me.

God,
I can't even imagine the poor baby going about for the next year or so in
the wrong colored clothes, and living in a room decorated expressly for a
child of the opposite sex.And I am SO not going to make another baby

quilt,
so I hope the thing was correct.
I guess I've done allthe preparation I need to do, so nothing left to do

but
worry for the next 12 weeks or so!

This has crossed my mind recently as well. The baby is sharing our room and
so doesn't have a themed nursery and we're not much into "color-coding" so
he has lots of neutral clothes, but even so I've had this little image of my
little boy baby in my head since my 21 week ultrasound and I think it would
*really* throw me off if the tech made a mistake. It is not that the sex
matters really (in fact I thought I was having a girl before the ultrasound)
and the baby certainly doesn't know the difference, it is just that thinking
of him as a boy is part of this baby's identity to me now and if they were
wrong it would make me feel a little bit like I accidentally got the wrong
baby! I'm pretty sure they weren't wrong though and the doctor who did it
said they have just about 100% accuracy, but still, it has crossed my mind,
so I know where you're coming from a little :-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03