Old October 10th 03, 02:21 AM
UberMinx

Default Help! bleeding (somewhat graphic)(threatened m/c ment)

"Daye" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:58:30 GMT, pcb wrote:

I'm not sure what to do. Do
I call my doctor? go to the hospital?

Call your doctor first.

Wait, you are in the UK. I think our systems are similiar. I would
call the midwife at the hospital and ask her for her advice. This is
what I do when I am unsure what I should do.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

delurk

Has the bleeding stopped? If not, lie down with your feet up, I had a
"threatened m/c" at 10 wks with my first PG which sounds exactly like what
you have described and that's what I was told to do. I had a small pool of
blood just out of nowhere which frightened the pants off me, but amounted to
just that, a small pool of blood.

Ring NHS direct for advice and try not to worry. If possible, don't go to
the wedding and just rest tomorrow and see how you go.
BTW you are entitled to see a doctor 24 hours a day, so don't feel bad about
calling them out to see you if you are in any way worried whatever time of
night it is. Your surgery should have an oncall number or a redirect on
their answer phone which will help you.

Most importantly though, don't panic or get stressed at this stage,
irregular bleeding is common in a lot of pregnancies, and often means
nothing at all.

OH, and tell DH. He may not be able to do anything useful to physically help
you at this point, but he may be able to calm and reassure you.
Take care!

UberMinx