Old November 5th 03, 12:14 PM
Vicki S

Default Attn: anyone with early pg spotting who went on to have a healthy baby

"A&G&K" wrote:
How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?
... its still enough to keep me in a permanent state of worry. Amanda

That permanent worried feeling is lousy, I agree. I spotted and bled
and even hemorrhaged while pregnant with my son, who will be four on the
16th.

First I had what was almost certainly implantation bleeding, but I
didn't know what it was and it scared me terribly. Then at about 6
weeks I had some spotting, and that scared me. I got an ultrasound and
saw that all seemed well. The OB put me on progesterone.

Then later in the 1st trimester (I can't remember how far along
anymore!) I started bleeding and bleeding and bleeding. I went to the
emergency room and the emergency room doctor could only tell me that I
hadn't passed any fetal tissue at that point. He said the hospital
ultrasound machine was old and clunky and pretty useless in this
situation.

So, my husband and I clung to each other in fear and anquish all night,
waiting to have an ultrasound at the doctor's office in the morning. To
our gratitude and amazement, that ultrasound showed that the fetus was
alive and kicking and growing, but that I had a "bleed" in my uterus
that they had a little trouble explaining. It healed, whatever it was.
DS was born healthy at 39 weeks 5 days.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995