Old November 5th 03, 02:47 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Attn: anyone with early pg spotting who went on to have a healthybaby

A&G&K wrote:
How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

With DS I spotted on and off for 5 weeks, starting at 5.5w, and it
stopped completely after the 11th week. Usually a bm would bring on
an episode of brown spots, and sometimes I would spot a bit more in
the mornings. They never found a cause for it, but once the u/s
confirmed a heartbeat and baby right on track, I could at least get
it off my mind somewhat.

I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough to
keep me in a permanent state of worry.

I know how you feel, but there is little else you can do than what
you have done. Try to keep your mind off things by keeping yourself
busy with job, reading, housekeeping or whatever else you can find.
Even if the spotting continues, you will feel better once you start
to feel movement. That is still some time away though, in the mean
time, don't hesitate to call your OB if you are worried, just to
check the heartbeat.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)