Old September 18th 03, 05:55 AM
Lina

Default ER visit -- part vent, should I complain? Long, as usual

snip
Does anyone else think it's exceptionally slow to wait three and a
half hours after a head injury with symptoms (sleeping, uneven gait,
pain moving around her head) in a child with a bleeding disorder to
get a catscan? I'm still angry (obviously), but I don't know how
angry to get, if I complain. That nurse definitely lied, I know that
for sure. Maybe, even though the hematology department called ahead,
the nurse wasn't aware of the full extent of the clotting issue?
Should I have documents prepared to take with me in the future? If
you do think it was a long time, what would you do next time? (Last
head injury we waited about the same amount of time, but she had no
symptoms, so I wasn't near tears, really) . Does anyone know, if she
had been bleeding inside her head, would that amount of waiting made
things worse -- or is there anything that could have been done in that
time to lessen an injury if there was one? Or is it like some things
where if it's going to happen it's going to happen, and there's no
stopping it? In which case, why do they send us for catscans?!?

Thanks for reading, and any opinions/advice,

Tina.

Okay... Yes... It's a long time to wait for a head injury with obvious
symptoms!
The wait time, if there had been bleeding on the brain could have killed
her! (I dealt with this when my dad was injured.) They sent you for a
catscan to make sure. With bleeding on the brain, it depends on the
severity. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell until a scan is done.

(and the still sleepy, kind of grumpy but OK Solana, and Sage, who
loved school and almost didn't notice that I'd just tossed her in
there and run back out)