Old November 6th 04, 06:43 PM
ModernMiko

"Rivka W" wrote in message
I don't know why it took me so long to think of Usenet, given that
pregnancy message boards on the web have been driving me crazy...

Hi, I'm Rivka, and I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my first.

I'm a 31-year-old psychologist living in Baltimore MD with my 37-year-old
husband, who works on a magazine. First baby for both of us, so we're
simultaneously excited and scared.

We're having a midwife-attended hospital birth - and probably a water
birth. So far the pregnancy has gone quite smoothly, except for one thing.
I had scoliosis surgery when I was thirteen, and the incision from that
surgery curves halfway around my body, from my stomach to my back. In the
last few weeks, I've had a lot of pain in the incision area, mostly when
I've been sitting for a while. My midwife thinks that my ligaments are
pulling at scar tissue, which is exactly as comfortable as it sounds.

But other than that, things are good: I feel well (except for the pain)
and the baby looked great on our ultrasound! I even think I'm starting to
feel her move.

I've been enjoying reading the posts here, and I'm looking forward to
being part of the group.

Rivka
EDD: 4/3/05

Hi Rivka! I'm on the Eastern shore and work in Baltimore so I'm not too far
from you! Good luck and I look forward to seeing your updates :-)

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords