Old November 8th 04, 04:27 PM
Kaybee

"Rivka W" wrote in message
I don't know why it took me so long to think of Usenet, given that
pregnancy message boards on the web have been driving me crazy...

Hi, I'm Rivka, and I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my first.

Congrats on your first baby. It is so exciteing.

I'm a 31-year-old psychologist living in Baltimore MD with my
37-year-old husband, who works on a magazine. First baby for both of
us, so we're simultaneously excited and scared.

Being scared is normal. We are on our second baby and are scared with this
one also.

We're having a midwife-attended hospital birth - and probably a water
birth. So far the pregnancy has gone quite smoothly, except for one
thing. I had scoliosis surgery when I was thirteen, and the incision
from that surgery curves halfway around my body, from my stomach to my
back. In the last few weeks, I've had a lot of pain in the incision
area, mostly when I've been sitting for a while. My midwife thinks
that my ligaments are pulling at scar tissue, which is exactly as
comfortable as it sounds.

Sorry to hear that. Did she give you something that you can rub on the
skin?

But other than that, things are good: I feel well (except for the
pain) and the baby looked great on our ultrasound! I even think I'm
starting to feel her move.

That is always exciting to feel the baby

I've been enjoying reading the posts here, and I'm looking forward to
being part of the group.

Congrats again and Welcome

Kay
Eva 9/2002