Old November 14th 03, 11:51 AM
chiam margalit

Default Anyone think I shouldn't name my daughter Hypatia Artemis? Other suggestions?

Banty wrote in message ...
In article , Bev Brandt says...

Banty wrote in message

'Artemis' is a better-known mythological figure, and no obvious reason to tease
about it comes to mind. So make that the first name.

Banty

"Artemis-fartemis."

Well, you can rhyme anything.

Ah well, as someone said. They all get teased. Don't know how many
Beverly Hillbilly references I've heard in my life. And don't get me
started on the whole "beaver" thing...

I so think 'Artemis' works better as the first name.

Or, as someone else said, maybe names are so different these days that
teasing is starting to get boring for the kids. I recently asked my
oldest about some of the more unique names in his 2nd grade class.
When I indicated that a name was unusual, he looked at me like I had 2
heads. So maybe it really doesn't matter any more.

My oldest has recently discovered that he has a last name as a first
name. And it's the same last name as a famous older comedian. Right
now he thinks it's cool. We shall see.

My daughter's name is a font. Someone'll figure that out someday, I'm
sure. She might not be too happy. (It's also the name of an ancient
Greek poetess, so it could balance out.)

'Helvetica Brandt'? Hopefully not "WingDings Brandt' :-)

Although I LOVE WingDings as a name, I'm guessing it might be Ariel.
It couldn't Times New Roman. :-)

Marjorie

Youngest has a "normal" name. He might end up being the odd man out
because of that.

I know a couple who named their first two children John and Mary. Both family
names which mean a lot to them. But one of their favorite stories to recount is
about their friend who said 'baby-naming books were wasted on you'.

I have a friend who took 3 FULL weeks after the birth to come up with
the names John and Michael for her twins. She swears she just didn't
know who was who for a while, but really....John and Michael? :-)

Marjorie

Banty