Old November 17th 03, 07:04 PM
Fer

Default Anyone think I shouldn't name my daughter Hypatia Artemis? Othersuggestions?

"andrea baker" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,

I'm thinking of Hypatia (after Hypatia of Alexandria) for my
daughter's first name, and Artemis (after the Greek Goddess of the
Hunt) for a second name.

Although I think I am of the minority I LOVE Hypatia. I think it is a
beautiful name and had no thoughts of medical conditions when I read it LOL
Artemis is also a good name and they sound good together.

It seems that the likelihood of teasing for strange/usual names is
declining. After all the names I come across at my children's school are
far from the norm( well the norm when I was a child) and I hear of no
reports of name teasing, other teasing yes unfortunately.

--

Jenn
-WAHM

My parents are horrified, and think she'll
be teased. I thought if she doesn't like Hypatia, she can use "Patty"
for short. For reasons personal to me, it's important to give her the
name of a strong, unmarried woman.

Who else thinks this is just an invitation for bullying, or thinks
that there are other compelling reasons not to use these names?

Any other suggestions for strong, unmarried female namesakes?

-Andrea Baker