Old April 14th 04, 04:19 PM
Em

Default The (suro)Birth Story

"Kerry J. Renaissance-McAdams"
wrote in message
Thus far we're still maintaining contact, and I think the relationship
will hold. I don't need to be a close part of their family, nor of
their new daughter's, but I want to continue being a friend and I do
want periodic updates. It's an intimate thing, carrying someone
else's child, and it wouldn't feel right to bring a child into the
world and just send it off without further thought.

Thanks for sharing your birth story. I think this was such a neat thing
that you did and I'm really amazed that you are considering doing it
again. How special. I think it is great that you've been breastfeeding
her a little as well--good colostrum!

My doctor has been most kind and considerate, asking after my
emotional and physical well-being. He's a little concerned about
post-partum depression occurring, I think, and I am watching out for
that. Talking with other experienced surrogates, I gather a certain
amount of post-partum letdown is not uncommon -- you spend a lot of
time and energy first working towards pregnancy, then the birth, then
when it's all over, you're going "and now what do I do?" I do have a
busy two-year old to occupy me, however, which helps.

Sounds like a good doctor.

Hmmm.... Can't think of much else to add. My staples are out today,
so my incision feels a bit better. I see the doctor again in three
weeks. He says I'll be able to bathe in another week, which I'm
looking foward to.

Glad you're on your way to normal again!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 6.5 months old