Old July 13th 03, 02:44 AM
jake's mom

Default refusing bottles of EBM

My 7 week old son has refused bottles of EBM from DH the past 5 or so times
he has tried to feed him. This would not bother me so much if I did not
have to return to work when he will be 4.5 to 5 months old. I know I'm
ahead of schedule for worrying about this issue but he is going to have to
take the bottle then. He did take a bottle when he was 1-3 days old as we
were told he needed supplementation because he was so big--we didn't know
any better until a LC spoke with us on day 3. He did not suffer any nipple
confusion from this and obviously prefers the breast now. I have a very
fast letdown--should we use the fast flow nipples? What can we do to get
him to drink from the bottle? Any suggestions?

Robin