Old September 29th 04, 10:00 PM
lm

On 29 Sep 2004 19:38:47 GMT, oaway (Joelle) wrote:

Are there issues besides sex that you'd keep a kid's confidence about?

From their parents? That involved their health and safety? "Please pastor,
don't tell my Mom I copied my sermon report"...I 'd probably not tell. Unless
they made a habit of it..

So you make subjective decisions about what to tell parents about. The
crux of this is not privacy, it's that you see sex as a health and
safety issue and cele sees it as a social issue -- or maybe even a
"public health" issue rather than a moral issue.

That's making quite an assumption about the parent's response.

Well, see that's what kind of ****ing me off. There seems to be an assumption
that parents are the worst people to tell about what's going on in their kids
life. I don't believe that assumption . And I don't like the idea that other
people assume they know better than me what's good for my kids.

I don't see a difference between an assumption that a parent would
react positively and an assumption that a parent would react
negatively.

lm