Old March 31st 04, 07:02 PM
zeldabee

Default Sad

was all, like:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s_health_sleep

This is sad. Really, really sad. I'd vent but I'm tired.

Indeed. I'll vent for you...This is something about which I've been
preoccupied lately--I worry more and more that Sprogly is getting too little
sleep for a not-yet-7-month-old. The problem is that I'm working full-time,
we have a long commute, and Sprogly doesn't nap well at daycare.

We're only actually at home for about 11 hours out of the day on the
weekdays, and though I get us ready for bed as quickly as I can when I get
home from work, he tends to get around 9.5 hours at night. Evenings are
rough, because he really, really wants to go to bed, but won't go down to
sleep without me. My schedule is brutal for me, and I'm scraped about as
thin as I could be, but I worry more about how it's affecting his
development.

I'm racking my brains trying to figure out how to change the situation, and
the only thing I can come up with is that I have to make a major life
change...like, quit my job and freelance or start my own business. But
that's scary, because I've got a good job with benefits, and a stable
child-care situation with which I'm happy. My son's father contributes very
little, so for all intents and purposes, I'm the sole breadwinner.

It's hard to see a way out without making a huge and risky change...but I'm
seriously considering moving to the west coast so I'll at least have some
family around to lend support.