Old July 8th 03, 05:34 AM
Meldon Fens

Default Moral Dillemas

dC wrote in message

"Meldon Fens" wrote in message
Clearly current law provides a vehicle to protect mothers and children

from
dangerous men or environments. Unfortunately there seems to be little
concern for abuse of the vehicle or the result of men loosing out on

their
own children's lives simply based on the whim of a woman. The bar is

indeed
low for removing fathers from their children.

check out your local father's rights organization - there's one in Dallas
called "Fathers for Equal Rights" for instance. as someone who has done
supervised visitations at a non-profit agency, i can report there's been
pretty much the same percentage of mothers being supervised as fathers,

that
is, in Dallas.

it could be that fathers in Dallas are more politically active when it

comes
to their rights --- nothing in the Texas Family Code states that mothers

win
and fathers lose - in black & white, it's supposed to be in the best
interest of the child. however, it's a cultural left-over assuming that
Daddy goes to the office and Mommy stays home to take care of the kids ---
society has changed since the '50's - hasn't it?

i always wondered how come there's so many other members of society who've
stood up for their rights - take blacks and women for one. but for some
reason the Men's Movement hasn't gotten much of anywhere. why?

dC

It's a significant question and one I have pondered. I would suggest that
inequity by default is more profitable than fairness by default. I think
there is a theory of creative destructionism which more or less states that
when things don't work, it generates economic activity.

Similar principles such as planned obsolescence may be applicable since if
cars lasted 40 years, not only could the general population not afford to
buy them, but there would be less cars sold overall.

Simply put, it's economically based as is the society we live in. I suppose
we should not be surprised that the welfare of generations of children are
based on how much money a lawyer can make from the process.