Old July 8th 03, 06:00 AM
Meldon Fens

Default Moral Dillemas

David Barr wrote in message
Meldon Fens wrote:

Is it appropriate in our society to raise our children in a way that
conditions them to be moral?

If so, what then is the likely result of that child when faced in
competition with another who is not moral (or less moral)?

Define "moral." Likewise "less moral."

I'll assume this is rhetorical since it is already defined.

Clearly current law provides a vehicle to protect mothers and children

from
dangerous men or environments. Unfortunately there seems to be little
concern for abuse of the vehicle or the result of men loosing out on

their
own children's lives simply based on the whim of a woman. The bar is

indeed
low for removing fathers from their children.

Perhaps where you are. Some states are much more egalitarian.

If there are more than 26, you might have a point. Since there aren't, you
don't. I'm obviosly speaking of states other than yours. Why redirect the
converstation to those states that attempt to be fair?

If a woman takes advantage of these protections to unduly deprive

children
of their fathers, and we agree it is immoral, then how can the man ever

hope
for equity to be restored if he remains moral? Surely this is within the
realm of wishful thinking.

Therefore, is it not more appropriate in a society where individuals

will
face immoral competitors, to raise our children without the traditional
sense of morality and to allow, even encourage them to be without any

moral
restriction whatsoever?

Are we really doing the best thing for our kids? Preparing them for a

moral
world which does not exist surely must be to their detriment.

Sounds like you're generalizing from a specific incident, which is
almost always dangerous...

dafydd

--
David Barr - dafydd2277 at yahoo dot com

The only thing worse than planning for disaster
is explaining why you didn't. --unknown

How many times do you have to put a screwdriver in a power outlet to know
there might be a problem?

In my case I've seen it too many times to ignore. It's greater in scope than
just the courts and that's what's really disconcerting. It is taking place
in the hearts and minds of the population. In a recent case, a woman allowed
a man to die while he was lodged in her windshield. She clearly made a
choice between risk to herself (getting help for the man), and letting him
die. Fortunately her gamble did not pay off.