Old May 25th 04, 04:00 AM
Jamie Clark

Default Sick of the horror stories!

"Kim E." wrote in message
a.net...
Hi - sorry to hear you are having those experiences, I have had similar
ones. I will be delivering at a hospital, but am preparing for a
natural childbirth and boy do people love to be negative about it. I
have thought about saying "Do you enjoy raining on people's parades in
general, or just pregnant women?" I mean, do these people stand in
parking lots and tell gruesome car accident stories as people get into
their cars?? Do they sit outside restaurants and grocery stores and
tell food poisoning stories??

(Warning: epidural horror stories to follow, read at your own risk
The other day though, I actually had the opposite experience, I talked
to a woman at work who was very open to natural childbirth because of
her horror story with an epidural - she had *4* epidurals (yes with the
same birth), none of which took completely, she did not have much pain
relief, and her baby ended up having to be hooked to IV's for 2 days as
a result. Also, my childbirth teacher told us some epidural horror
stories including an epidural that got infected, an epidural that
accidentally went in too close to the spine and temporarily paralyzed
the women's upper body as well, and a women who had lingering weakness
in her legs months after her epidural.

Yes, and although it is very rare, I know of a woman who is paralized still,
from the waist down from her epidural for her third child. This was 3-4
years ago. She's still in a wheelchair. Sucks. But it's rare. It doesn't
happen often.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03