Old September 18th 06, 06:18 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Barbara

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

beeswing wrote:
My daughter will be 12 in December and is in 6th grade, which in her
school is the second year of middle school. I let her trick-or-treat
last year but feel like this year she has crossed into the "too old"
zone. She's accused me of trying to take away her childhood (!), so I
thought I'd raise the question here.

What do parents here think? How old is too old to trick-or-treat? When
I was growing up, 6th grade was my last year, but junior high started
in 7th. Am I being reasonable stopping her at this age, do I give her
one last year, or do folks here think trick or treating should continue
into the teens?

We don't *do* Halloween, but we did when I was a kid, so I feel I'm
still qualified to respond. ;-

IMHO, I can't see the harm in allowing her to trick-or-treat if she
wants to. Twelve is such an in-between age; some kids are
12-going-on-9, and others are 12-going-on-24 (and some go back and
forth between the extremes several times a day). She'll be rolling her
eyes at *kid stuff* far too soon; let her enjoy it as long as she
wants.

Barbara